Old 01-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Elderberry wick with blackfly!

The message
from "Pip" contains these words:

Just read all the other threads and it seems that we don't have Jew's Ear
fungus yet, but I thnk I will spray the tree with the rhubarb solution
(someone suggested bioling up privet hedge clippings, also pototo starch and
spraying it on)... so I've got a number of fronts.. but the tree seems so
distressed that I hope I can help.

By clearing the elder of an infestation you clear the staging-post for
the invasion of your (and others') garden(s).

I can only reach lower braches, but maybe I should do what I can and leave
the rest to nature! I find things changing and reacting so much more
unsually, with the changing temperatures and rain, that it's difficult to
know what to do, as I have other trees that are suffering too...... do you
battle it, or go with with the flow of how things are nowadays ??

Some hand-held squirtythings can be adjusted between mist, through
spray, to jet. For about a quid and a bit of accurate shooting you ought
to be able to reach all the tree.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/