Old 01-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Info on Pyracomeles

During the workshop at which he (DeGroot) styled the tree,
someone said treat it like a Pyrocantha. It appears to be a
cross between Pyrocantha and something else (according to someone
else) -- hence the odd name.

Branches are said to have a LONG memory, so the wiring may have
to be redone a couple of times because the tree has a smooth bark
and wire scars would be LONG lasting.

I didn't see you there, Tom ?????

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Hi Internet Bonsai Club folks. I received the following

request, and have not
a clue as I don't know what a "pyracomeles" is.

Can anyone help Joyce who asked the original question, which

is:

I attended the Florida Bonsai Convention this past weekend

in Cape
Canaveral and bought a pyracomeles styled by Dave DeGroot. I

have not been able to
get any specific information as to the care requirements for

this beautiful
specimen. I live on the east coast of Florida (Palm

City/Stuart area north of
Palm Beach). I checked Tom's plant information associated with

your website but
there was nothing about this plant there. I want to give it

the care needed
for it to thrive because it has great potential. I would

appreciate any
information possible. Signed: Joyce Snodgrass, email:

Thanks,

Tom
Thomas L. Zane
100 Gull Cir N