Old 01-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Silver Birch Trees

The message m
from wheator contains these words:

Can anyone give me some idea on what's wrong with my young Silver Birch
please?

It was planted (by my house builders) 6 months ago - it's in a bit of
an exposed area subjected to occasional strong westerlies - it's about
8-10 feet high and it survived the winter with new leaves opening up
this spring. However over the past week I've noticed an increasing
number of yellow leaves (almost like autumn - already) - Is this
normal, and if not does anyone have any ideas as to whats wrong with
it? - I've regularly watered it; it's also securely staked.
Any advice would be appreciated.

No, it's not normal. Apart from something in the soil left by the
builders, I can't think of any obvious reason.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/