Old 01-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default How deep is too deep?

"Rich" wrote in message
When the plants can't grow. Four feet is good enough.
And yes young kids are a concern.

snip

That is a good point. Although we have the ankle biters to stay away from
the pond, and we always keep an eye on them when they are in the yard, the
depth is an issue. My oldest could probably standing the deep part of my
pond, and the youngest would be OK if he stood on a pot. Soon he'll be tall
enough to stand on the bottom as well. What I am trying to say, is that with
my 42inch or so depth, if they did fall in, it would not necessarily be a
death sentence as it would be with 5 feet of water.

BV.