Old 01-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Neil Jones

Default Silver Birch Trees

"wheator" wrote in message
s.com...
Can anyone give me some idea on what's wrong with my young Silver

Birch
please?

It was planted (by my house builders) 6 months ago - it's in a bit of
an exposed area subjected to occasional strong westerlies - it's about
8-10 feet high and it survived the winter with new leaves opening up
this spring. However over the past week I've noticed an increasing
number of yellow leaves (almost like autumn - already) - Is this
normal, and if not does anyone have any ideas as to whats wrong with
it? - I've regularly watered it; it's also securely staked.
Any advice would be appreciated.

What is the soil like around the tree? Did the buiders just make a hole
in the usual rubble, take the tree out of its container and plant it?