Old 01-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Cilantro

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Janet

Baraclough.
. writes
From the charter;

"In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific

newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle

of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural

and
other differences, discussion of
gardening in other parts of the world is OFF TOPIC (there are other
regional gardening newsgroups, and the global rec.gardens, one of

which
may be more appropriate)"

Yes, we knew that six years ago. Gardening is a global recreation

and
the Internet is global inter-communication. Discussions between
gardeners world-wide will take place whatever urg charter says.

Folk from outside the UK who want to discuss gardening as applicable
to the UK climate and UK gardening culture are very welcome in urg.
Other outsiders are gate crashers.
Gate crashers should be reminded that they are unwelcome. If we do
not remain vigilant about that, urg will become indistinguishable from
any other American dominated newsgroup.

Franz