Old 01-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Franz Heymann

Default urg restricted? Was -- Cilantro

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:55:39 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

I'm sorry, but the charter of this newsgroup is to discuss

gardening
in UK conditions. It isn't appropriate for you and Frogleg to use
uk.rec.gardening to discuss growing cilantro in Japan and America.

I've never before been told that urg had a geographical fence around
it. The idea that plants behave differently in your country than

they
do in mine is certainly a new one.

Of course plants behave differently here from the way they behave in
the US. Have you never heard of climatic and weather differences?
And we have different apparatus, materials and chemicals in this
country, as well as different shops.

Don't they start with seeds and
cuttings there?
Require light and water? Suffer in drought or deluge?

Don't be disingenuous. It shows.

Until now, I have enjoyed reading of gardening concerns and methods

in
the UK,

I am glad that you recognise that thereare indeed gardening concerns
and methods in the UK which might differ from their counterparts in
the US

and have, I hope, been able to offer some useful information
on topics I am familiar with. And, until now, I have felt welcome.

THat is quite true.
You would remain welcome as long as you fully understand and comply
with the charter of urg.

Franz