Old 01-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Mole hunt

The message
from klara contains these words:
In message , Stephen Howard
writes
Current sco Mole 1 - Me 0. Seconds away... round two!

The RHS recommends caper spurge, more or less on a the basis that it's
an old wives' tale but might work - but all I can say is, we used to
have massive runs, and ever since we have let some caper spurge mature
here and there, there hasn't been a single mole.

I have no idea where the caper spurge came from: it just was there in a
flower bed one day!

My mother had caper spurges splurged all over the garden, and moles
splurged all under it.

Old wives' tale.

--
Rusty