Old 01-06-2004, 10:14 PM
martin

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:23:20 +0100, Stan The Man
wrote:
On the other hand, I do not think that Monty Don or
Diarmuid Gavin or Charlie Dimmock has any formal horticultural
training.

"Charlie Dimmock is a qualified horticulturalist"
From an article by reporter Charlotte Raven- ('The Guardian' April
20th 1999)

In my book, they are 'winging it' based on their still
limited experience

http://www.charliedimmock.beautifulb...immock_faq.htm
"How did the BBC discover her? Charlie was manager of Mill Water
Gardens in Romsey, Hampshire. In 1992 she did a one-off programme for
the BBC (how to install a pond) after a BBC member of staff had
visited the garden centre. Another five years passed before she was
again contacted by the BBC, this time to become a member of the Ground
Force team."