Old 01-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Daniel Phillips

Default Termites: Unwelcome Hitchhikers in Soil?

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:12:38 -0400, Anna Maize
wrote:

Sounds like you're the kind of fellow who wants to play gardener, but
abhors the thought of getting your fingers dirty. Why don't you do us
all a big favor and commit suicide?

Um, that's a bit of an unfair statement, isn't it? You don't even know
me. Were you in a bad mood when you wrote that?

On the contrary, I don't like using gloves in my work because I find
them restrictive. That's how I got a thorn in my hand as I was
cleaning up some sunflower seeds that fell from one of my containers
(birds...now how's THAT for getting one dirty? I clean the feeders
too, you know.). I've planted two rosemary, a rose, and potted two
day lilies without fuss. The rosemary is growing great, the rose is
blooming, and the daylilies are due for repotting. I also have a
container water garden, complete with two fish, water lilies, and a
nice bog plant. I have to get wet in that icky green water as I dig
down in the bottom to remove decaying matter for the health of the
fish.

I'm not creeped out about bugs. I just don't like destructive ones.
Can't you sympathize with my concern? This is a great house. Old,
interior has wooden walls, lots of property for a suburb. Big trees
that rival most of the ones on the street. This country is accused of
not having good enough safety nets, you know, so it's up to me to take
precautions.

Me commit suicide? Hardly. I'm more into making others feel better.
However, I will consider suicide if the house becomes irreparable due
to termites. Thanks for the suggestion.

Daniel Phillips

[+]bandito[-]spam = [-]toppler.[+]zworg.com
Be warned, may mistakingly bounce back as spam.