Old 02-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Sew-Sew Lady

Default Controlling Leaf Hoppers

Type "bug spray" into the search field at their site, then choose the
"Better Basic Bug Spray" that is found in the search.
The recipe is 1 tablespoon liquid soap to 1 gallon water, and I use
peppermint castile soap.

"Rusty Mase" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:38:43 GMT, "Sew-Sew Lady"
wrote:

I had success with peppermint oil soap & water sprayed on whatever
fruit/veggie the leaf hoppers attacked. It actually kills and repels the
bugs. (They hit my tomatoes & pomegranates pretty hard some years.) Go

www.care2.com for the recipe.

I did not find the recipe right away and will look later (that is a
BIG website), but this solution smells just right to me. Instead of
just an Eve's Neckless tree I would also have an incense tree!

If I cannot locate the recipe then I can just improvise. It must be a
half-dozen or so drops of the essential oil and a little surfactant to
emulsify the mixture in a quart of dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO).

Rusty Mase