Old 02-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Lar

Default Termites: Unwelcome Hitchhikers in Soil?

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:48:11 GMT, Daniel Phillips
wrote:

Particularly, I'm
wondering if termites could have hitched a ride in the soil. We don't
have a termite problem and I would hate to start one.
Many parts of the country have between 7 and 14 established
subterranean termite colonies per acre...sure they wouldn't put the
house at any more risk than it is now if they were able to be brought
in by way potting soil. For what it's worth I have never heard of
native subs being transported that way though I have heard of Formosan
coming from the coast in mulch and timbers..dry woods could possibly
hitch a ride that way too.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.