Old 02-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Bill Oliver

Default Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
paghat wrote:

Your usual netkook thinking at work again. Someone could jump off a cliff
& break his spine & cave in his skull, & if it were profitable to convince
others to break their spines & skulls, you'd tell 'em the headlong leap
was harmless, because all the injured parties were actually maimed &
killed because they breathed air & drank water water & wore clothes.

No, paghat, that's what *you* are claiming. Here's a clue again --
association != causation. The "netkook" thinking is to inflate
theoretical risks into something they are not. Yet one more clue,
Paghat. There's a reason it's not called "beef renderer's disease."

Tell me, Paghat, how many British meat renderers have contracted
BSE? After you tell me that, tell me how risky casual contact
is. Your "netkook" hysteria is the kind of thing that made people
afraid to touch HIV positive patients.

There are risks, but people should find out exactly what they are,
not inflate fantastical risks from their ideology.

billo