Old 02-06-2004, 01:10 AM
David or Eunice Boucher

Default tomato problems - please help

I've planted tomatoes in two different locations this year, and each seems
to have its own set of problems.

1. I planted some close to my house. They have grown well and have
developed some fruit, but some of the newer leaves have developed brown
spots. On some branches the brown spots have spread and caused all of the
leaves on that branch to shrivel and dry up. I tried spraying with a
fungicide/insect spray, but it didn't seem to help.

2. I planted some in a sunny part of the yard, but after a promising start
the l;eaves began to turn yellow and the growth of the plants was stunted.
Several years earlier I had planted cucumbers in the same spot, and while
they did well the first year, the second year they started out ok but then
all the leaves turned yellow and they died.

Can anyone give a hint as to what might be causing these problems, and what
I can do about it?