Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Janice

Default Whitefly on tomatoes

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:24:37 +0100, "Sally"
wrote:

Despite my using companion planting, my greenhouse tomatoes are becoming
infested with whitefly. Any recommendations of biological control would be
gratefully received.
Thanks so much

aren't sticky yellow pieces of plastic you poke in the soil here and
there supposed to trap white fly?

How's the ventilation in the greenhouses? Warm enough to open it up
and blow some of them out with fans? Then use sticky yellow traps.

Insecticidal soap sprays? Depends on how bad the infestation and the
damage done so far. Asking in uk.rec.gardening? Someone growing them
under glass there may be more familiar with the problem and what's
available for you to treat the problems. We have a common language
dividing us ;-) We don't call things by the same names! LOL

Janice