Old 02-06-2004, 07:02 AM
B & J

Default Injured spruce

"Dan Hartung" wrote in message
Cereus-validus wrote:
Did you have permission from your land lord to plant the tree in the

first
place?

I *am* the landlord.

If the present undesirable tenant is "evicted" and before renting again, why
not consider setting up specific guide lines that the next tenant must sign
before being allowed to rent your property. We have friends who make their
living buying, repairing, and renting property, and I was totally amazed
what landlords are allowed by law to do such as background checks of
previous rental history and employment records, number of people allowed to
occupy a specific property, damage deposits, upkeep of yard, and rent
payment time frame before eviction. One provision in their contract was that
no more than three people (a man, a woman, and one child) was allowed in a
specific rental home. If a second child was born, they were automatically
evicted. My mouth dropped a bit, but I was informed that as long as the same
rules were applied to all, they had no problems. Check the legal aspects of
all this in your area before proceeding.

BTW, I was also informed that renters were given the opportunity to purchase
their rental homes if they desired, and almost half of the rented homes were
purchased when the tenants figured they could handle the house payments and
upkeep. This seemed to work as an incentive for keeping the property in good
shape.

I'm not advocating any of the above ideas, but it's something to think
about.

John