Old 02-06-2004, 08:03 AM
*muffin*

Default UV sterilizer question

the bulb is rated 9000 hours.

I have used it less than half of that time up here in the north..(short
season)
they told me it should easily go through the fall this year. (it will die
when not effective) shouldn't they know???

anyway they told me to call back next week..(after the sleeve cleaning)

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , *muffin*
wrote:

ok.

i called the manufacturer.
they told me as long as the light rings are green the bulb is working.

once
it starts to 'blink' its going BAD & after a week will die.

The manufacture's of the bulb will tell you that you have exceeded the
effective period of the bulb after 1 season.

jay
Tue Jun 01, 2004

they told me to clean the casing.........

uh,,,, shoulda done that 1st (G).
as it was pretty cruddy.

ok , now will give it a week & see what happens.

thank you all for your comments
(hopefully the manufacturer is right)