Old 02-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Jim Elbrecht

Default question about Lavendar

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:33:50 GMT, MisNomer wrote:

All I know is that it is a perennial, will grow in shade, and in my zone (3).

How tall does it get? Does it flower? or stay green? Anyone have pictures?

For starters- there are lots of Lavenders-
http://www.purplehazelavender.com/varieties.html

The most common one that we have in big-box stores around here is one
of the Lavendula Angustifolia's. I've never had much luck with it in
shady spots.

I'm in zone 6 [more or less] and in bad winters it looks dead in
spring, but the foliage is soon replaced with new growth. Some
winters the foliage survives.

Jim