Old 02-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Sacha

Default Little Cotoneaster lacteus

On 2/6/04 9:58, in article , "Glen
Able" wrote:

Hi again.

I planted out a small Cotoneaster lacteus recently. Now allow to me to
expose my ignorance...

It's has several long stems of about a foot in length. All these stems are
tied fairly tightly to a foot high stake. I'm wondering if this is right?
Does it need the stake at all and, if so, do I need to replace it with a
bigger one?

thanks all for your continuing support

It's not usually tied to stakes. The long arching branches are part of its
growth habit and charm. I think tying them to stakes is a trifle too
regimented. Or do you mean that only the central stem is staked and the
branches are allowed to 'flow'? If it's still a youngster, a central
supporting stake is a good idea. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk