Old 02-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Jessica

Default Newbie Tomato questions

I have three questions regarding tomato plants.
1.) One of my plants has lower leaves that are curling up/in and are
beginning to look shriveled. On the same plant, the upper leaves are
cupping down, forming a dome which would work well as a mouse
umbrella. Are the two items related? Should I be concerned?

2.) Yesterday I was pawing through the mulch around the plants, and
found several very small snails near the base of the stems. I tossed
them out of the plant bed just in case they were dangerous. Anyone
have advice regarding these critters?

3.)I live in the Atlanta area, and these are my first attempts at
tomato plants. It's been more rainy than usual over the past month,
and the moisture seems to be trapped under the bark mulch and on top
of the lovely clay I have to plant in (I'm sure why the snails were
there). Is this moisture-trapping detrimental to the plants?

Thanks for all help!
Jessica