Old 02-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] how to get rid of mealy bugs??

we have a problem with mealy bugs on our Fukien Tea... we found
them few
weeks ago and since then we try to pick them up using ear buds

soaked in
alcohol...

Jim said:
The soap spray should work
over here, SAFERS makes a good soap spray.

I just had someone contact the "bonsai doctor" with a fukien tea that he had sprayed with a soap insecticide, and it had made the tree completely defoliate. So I'd test the soap first, before doing the whole tree.....

I have very good luck with pyrethrin sprays against scale insects, and I haven't seen any phytotoxicity, but I don't have a fukien tea, of course.

Nina
---
Nina Shishkoff

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: