Old 02-06-2004, 05:17 PM
L&S

Default Shrubbery with purple spikey flowers

Not yet - but we have a two story house behind us - and it reaches the
bottom of their roof already. It's competing with the pecan tree that my
husband planted near it. It may have been in the ground closer to 4 years
now that I think about it. It is still the most beautiful thing in the area
this time of year.
"escapee" wrote in message
Is it taller than your house?

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:24:46 GMT, "L&S"

opined:

So is mine. And it's gotten to about 15 feet in just a couple of years -
from a 1 gallon shrub. It was the best investment I ever made.
"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:38:46 -0500, "Elizabeth"
opined:

Up and down IH-35 between Round Rock and Georgetown, there are

beautiful,
flowering shrubs that have huge, long, purple, flowering spikes.

What are they and how fast do they grow?

They are Vitex and I have one which is about 12 feet tall. On

roadsides
they do
not get as large. In a cultivated garden, it can be limbed up into a

small
tree, about 18 feet at climax growth...which takes about a dozen years

or
so.
Mine is magnificent this year.

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?