Old 02-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Glen Able

Default Little Cotoneaster lacteus

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/6/04 11:53, in article , "Glen
Able" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/6/04 9:58, in article , "Glen
Able" wrote:

I planted out a small Cotoneaster lacteus recently. Now allow to me

expose my ignorance...

snip
Does it need the stake at all and, if so, do I need to replace it with

bigger one?

It's a Cotoneaster used a lot for hedging so good choice! Do you think it

The nice RHS website gave me lots of useful suggestions when I was
choosing appropriate plants for hedging/wildlife.

needs a stake to prevent it being blown over by the wind while the hedge

is
growing? Only you know the situation it's going to be in.
I doubt it needs one if it's just the bamboo cane it's been tied to before
being sold. And yes, just untie the stems and let them do their own

thing.
It sounds as if what you're describing is what the nursery or gc has done

keep it from getting knocked over while standing in rows or to make it
easier to transport, perhaps.
--
Sacha

Yes, that makes sense. It's in a well sheltered spot, so I'll ditch the
stake.
Thanks for your help.