Old 02-06-2004, 09:10 PM
George

Default My Pond Pictures

"Gareee©" wrote in message
working now.. and looking good!

BTW what kind of fish is that yellow catfish?

That is an albino channel catfish. It does have a yellowish tint, but that is
mostly the lighting and the tint of the water playing tricks. When you see him
up close and at the surface, there is almost no coloration in him at all. In
fact, it is very hard to photograph because the pictures tend to overexpose. It
is about 24 inches long, was raised from a fingerling, and weighs about 3-5 lbs.
It eats whatever it wants, in case you were wondering. And lots of whatever it
wants. It generally leaves the other fish alone except at dinner time. So I
feed the others on one end, and feed it on the other end to keep them separated.
He will eat feeder goldfish, but I generally don't feed him live food because
being albino he is susceptible to infections. He gets shrimp in the morning and
dry food in the evening, although I fed him a little bit of dry food this
afternoon to get him to pose for the camera. I have to be careful when feeding
him and taking pictures at the same time, because although he is used to me, he
spooks a little easily, and will totally drench me and the camera with his tail
if I move too suddenly while he is at the surface eating. He's a cool cat, that
one!