Old 02-06-2004, 09:14 PM
tuin man

Default plants sales - chelsea/hampton ct

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
.. .

"pete_J-T" wrote in message
om...
When show plants are sold on the last day at these shows... well...
how cheap/expensive are they??

Garden centre prices? Or are they throwing them away??

Just wondered...

Cheaper and cheaper towards the end of the day verging towards throwing

them
away at the end (though by then they will be selling out as well so you

may
not get what you want). And obviously it all depends on the individual
stand.

--
Tumbleweed

What I couldn't help but notice from the Chelsea telly coverage was at that
end of show sale point, there seemed to be a lot of £20 notes being handed
over for quite ordinary plants, but I never once saw change from the £20s
been given back.
It seemed really odd.

Patrick