Old 02-06-2004, 10:02 PM
enigma

Default Chipmonks - How to get rid of them?

"Alan Sung" wrote in

"Cereus-validus" wrote in
message
om...
Chipmunks don't make tunnels.

They sure do. Their nests can be a few feet down,
especially when they winter over.

I never seem to have had any problems with them eating my
plants or bulbs (compared to mice, rabbits, and squirrels).
They do like the bird seed that falls around the bird
feeders though. The population of them have seem to have
grown substantially over the past few years. Hawks, foxes
and coyotes seem to be the natural control; maybe snakes.

they'll kill things by tunneling under, small shrubs &
perennials. they eat tomatoes, watermelon, & cantalopes in the
veggie garden (they make a little hole on the bottom of a
melon & eat out the insides leaving just a shell).
we got barn cats specifically for the chipmunks, but the
fewer mice in the barn is a bonus.
lee