Old 03-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Bad Bob

Default Identify insect on bean leaves

On 2 Jun 2004 15:06:05 -0700, (JJGrey) wrote:

The edges of my pole bean leaves appear cut and turn back, and under
each part of the leaf that is turned back is a small worm. I would
like to identify the insect and find out how to control it.
Thanks,
John G.

I always keep my beans dusted with Sevin powder when they are young.
Grandma did this, mom did it, and it has worked for me for 60 years. I
don't wait to see the pests cause they always find me sooner or later,
(or I should say they find my beans).
If your into organic and don't like chemicals solutions I recommend a
solution of garlic cloves and mild (non-detergent soap) Safer's sells
a good one.

Bad Bob

"Cook him till he's blue,
and smother him in onions."