Old 03-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Kathleen

Default RFI: When and how to collect and plant Mtn. Laurel seeds

Which HEB Katra? The old one or the new one. I live just down the
road from you in Wimberley!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
--
There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for
bread.

: Would Mountain Laurel grow faster from cuttings? If you can get
the
: cuttings to root of course. ;-)
:
: K.
:
: You would avoid the full year it takes a seedling to become a 12
inch plant!
: However, your assertion is correct; it is difficult (I find) to
propagate
: from
: cuttings.
:
: V
:
:
:
: Right now I'm trying to propagate the local wild perennial chiles by
: cuttings. :-) 2 of the 5 I did look good, I mist them daily and have
: greenhouse. I'll probably do more as the bush I have is very large
so
: can spare a few twigs. G
:
: Hummmmmm... even if one out of ten cuttings took, it' be worth the
: effort. Rooting compound is cheap. ;-)
:
: Maybe I'll give it a shot, (there are some ML trees out in front of
the
: local HEB) and report back in a few weeks.
:
: Having a greenhouse is GREAT! :-) I can get soooo much more done. My
: Orchid cactus (Epiphilium) is going insane putting out new pads so
I'll
: be able to propagate a bunch of those for resale, and I have a large
: number of little baby Peruvian Torch cacti coming up from seeds.
That is
: a first time for me, being able to sprout cactus from seeds......
:-)
: PT seeds are not cheap either.
:
: Sorry! I'm rambling. :-P
:
: I highly recommend these greenhouses! The 8' x 8' is very affordable
and
: they are not as flimsy as they look. They have already been thru one
: heavy storm with no damage:
:
:
http://www.propools.com/cgi-bin/Soft.../greenhouses/d
: reamhouse.htm?E+scstore
:
: K.
:
: --
: Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...
:
: ,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katraatcenturyteldotnet,,
:
: