Old 03-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Phisherman

Default question about Lavendar

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:33:50 GMT, MisNomer wrote:

All I know is that it is a perennial, will grow in shade, and in my zone (3).

How tall does it get? Does it flower? or stay green? Anyone have pictures?

take care
Liz

Lavender likes full sun, and lots of it to grow well. Mine grow to a
3.5 foot dome, but I cut it back to 1 foot every year, and flowers are
just starting to open (the bubble bees are having a party). Here in
zone 7, it stays green all year. I've had some complements from the
neighbors about the lavender. Looks and smells great. There are
several varieties, and you may want to find which ones will grow best
for your particular zone or grow it in a pot you can take inside
during the winter.