Old 03-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Elizabeth

Default Herbs that survive Austin summers?

You have to keep them watered - also, mix some sand with the soil. I have
greek and Sicilian oregano, sweet basil, African blue basil, thyme, lemon
thyme, rosemary, lavender, chives, marjoram, sage, peppermint, lemon balm,
dill, and lots of others, and they're thriving, but you have to water them
daily when the temperatures get above 90.

--
Elizabeth

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
Is there a list of herbs that can be safely grown outdoors during
this season?

Mine ain't doing too well (Purple basil, basil, a couple mints,
thyme, oregano, and something I don't even remember what it is).

-sw