Old 03-06-2004, 06:03 AM
MisNomer

Default question about Lavendar

Thanks Christopher and Lisa! Didn't you both have really bad winters last year?
I guess I will plant this in a more sunny spot then, and somewhat more sheltered
than anticipated.

My sympathies on loosing the plants.

take care
Liz

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:03:40 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

"Christopher Fuhrman" wrote in message
t...

I'm in USDA zone 4 (Montreal) and last winter killed some of my lavenders
that flourished last summer. I removed the dead plants two weeks ago. The
variant was "Goodwin Creek" lavendula heterophylla, grown and sold in
Canada. I was surprised and disappointed that this wasn't hardy. Perhaps
it's hardy in Canadian greenhouses ;-)

I'm near Ottawa, and also lost my lavender this year after something like 6
years in the garden. What a shame!