Old 03-06-2004, 06:06 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default OT Paging Dr Solo - Help - Sick Fish

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:27:08 -0500, "Tom L. La Bron" wrote:

Also, Ingrid has only been keeping Goldfish for about 8
years now, by her own admission.

Ah come on Tom?! I know a guy in our koi club who has only been keeping koi
for a few years and due to his constant reading, books, mags, newsgroups
and taking the KHA class and keeping up with all that, I go to him when I
have a questions. I know Ingrid isn't staying stagnant in her thinking &
learning on this subject. Plus, we ALL learn by experience (thank goodness
for our successive fish).

And as far as Jo Ann Burke is concerned she was a LFS
owner in Alabama who sold very expensive Goldfish for
about 25 years or maybe a little longer, who has taken
two courses at a university.

Ditto the above with regards to JoAnn.

If you want real Vet advice go to Dr. Erik Johnson's
site http://www.koivet.com/ , he has written a
book published by a real publisher on fish care

Yes, Dr.J has done a lot to further the hobby, but he hasn't been keeping
Koi, for fun, all that long himself and by your standards, in regards to
the 2 ladies above, hmmm?, do we have a double standard here?

Afterall, Dr. J killed his whole pond by using dry PP and the wrong
calculations and then not having enough the "antidote" on hand to detox it.
His excuse, he was never very good in chemistry, well okay.... not sure how
one becomes a Vet, or any pH in the Sciences without knowing your
chemistry. Regardless, he also learned, and is learning, by experience,
shares it with others and we're all better for it. (Not to mention those
succeeding fish.)

I really appreciate the advice you give Tom, but isn't it time to let it
go? You're not perturbing Ingrid and Dr. J doesn't read this newsgroup.

Ya can't sling pond muck without getting a little on yourself darlin'. ;o)
~ jan