Old 03-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Katra

Default FREE - grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres - N of Austin

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

"GeneS" you slobbered and sobbed on
:

Free grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres. A friend of ours
wants to remove some of the grass & small brush from his 25 acres
near Briggs. He has a nice tract of 25 acres that is completely fenced.
It has water as well.

If you have some goats or llamas that you want to park for a few weeks,
etc. then do this:

1. Call Don at 512-489-2557. He owns and lives on the 25 acres
near Briggs, TX 78608.
2. "Do Not" eMail me - I have told you everything I know.
(Your eMail will not be returned, as my filter zaps all of them.)

Uh, goats are terrible for grazing. They pull grasses up by the roots to
eat instead of cropping the grass like cows and other rudiments.

If you look at the middle east, Korea, Africa, the Greek Islands and many
places that used to forested and grassy, the single cause of devestation
has been people, with their goats.

I'm not sure which catagory llamas fall into but since they're a member of
the camel family and genetically programed to get as much moisture as they
can, roots have the most reserves of moisture so I'd say no to them to, but
I could be wrong.

Also, bad grazing can leave all the bad plants, mesquite, cactus etc and
nub down to nothing all the good soft grasses.

You might want to check into several people in the Hill country(websites)
who've been fighting to bring back the hill country natural grasses back to
their original time, and have been rewarded with streams flowing again,
springs popping up where they have been dormant for 100 years, game animals
moving in, migratory birds etc. First clue, is to get rid of all the
cedar.

Remember, there is a reason why Mexico looks like Mexico. Goats and bad
farming practices.

Good luck.

ONLY if they are overcrowded and not moved enough...

Goats are not as destructive as you think if they are managed properly.

Really.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...