Old 03-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Victoria Clare

Default What insects will eat greenfly?

"Tumbleweed" wrote in
:

And your source is? I'm not being awkward, I want to know! How do
you know for a fact that greenfly populations are not controlled by
predators?

3 years of studying ecology at university. And I cant say I did
greenfly in particular, but its to do with the mathematics of how fast
they grow compared to their predators. They simpy outbreed them.

Could you could cite published research?

I too have a degree - and I know that it doesn't make me an expert on even
the stuff I did my postgrad work on! I just have an advantage when it
comes to knowing where to look things up.

I also have a number of friends with biology/ecology degrees who are wedded
to the idea of predator control, so I am suffering from mixed messages.
;-)

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill