Old 03-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Roy

Default Help!! Need a trailing plant for pond edge

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:39:51 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

===Can someone suggest a something to plant at the edge of a water garden that
===will trail over the side and brush the water? Don't want a plant that will
===spread a lot.
===
===Thanks
===

I don;t remember the name of the vine I have along mine, but its a
very common plant. Its a vine that has light green leaves with while
veins etc on ther leaf itself. Its commonly seen in hanging pnaters
and such and is very common. I'll have to look it up and find out the
name.

I have a 1 acre pond with a small section fenced off with hardware
cloth around a water garden and some koi and goldfish, and planated
this vine where the hardware cloth is dug into the pond bank. It has
slowly spready all across the hardware cloth basically covering the
mesh, but its not all that an invasive of a plant. Also have it
planted here and there in the rocks forming a wall along the pond and
its easy to keep under control.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.