Old 03-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

Default Dog feces in compost?

"Rez" wrote in message
link.net...
In article , Katra

wrote:
Interesting. So would one assume that poop from veggie dogs would be ok

? My
three are veggies, healthy, wormed reguarly, given regular shots, etc.

and
only I and my bf (and the dogs) will eat from my garden, which has to

be
said, is mostly flowers, but this year with some sunflowers, tomatoes

and
peppers, plus a few herbs.

As long as your dogs are getting enough protien... :-)

Highly unlikely on a veggie diet, tho some of the small pet breeds
(ie. those not bred for a mission in life) can get by on diets that
would be starvation for a working dog or brood bitch.

Well, I have two gsd's (both very big and full of life) and a springer, and
my vet seems to be completely happy with their diet, which is based on a
prepared food (Wafcol veggie diet) supplemented with with fresh vegetarian
options from my own kitchen - which I put together after no small amount of
research. The elder shepherd has digestive issues with meat products. His
diet as a pup was quite a story. Both of the gsd's becpome veggies when they
became adults (though I still call the younger one my pup).

They are big and hearty enough for me and my vet, anyway, so pardon me if I
feel that as you don't know the dogs in question or the diet I feed them,
you cannot exactly comment on their diet or on any nutritional inadequacies
you might imagine they have.

Rachael