Old 03-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Sacha

Default What insects will eat greenfly?

On 3/6/04 15:16, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip

Apart from their own kind, there are no predators here, no cats and

those
that visited were seen off by our Jack Russells. In fact, one of

the
comments we get so often from customers is what pure joy it is both

to hear
the birdsong and see them come so close to people. It does give a

huge
feeling of privilege.

I agree entirely, except that the birds you mention do not actually
eat greenfly and blackfly to any noticeable extent.

Franz

They don't seem especially fussy as to what they eat. For all I know they
also eat some of the biological control predators we use!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)