Old 03-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Fern health risk ?

In article m, Tim
Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at"@?.? writes
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:16:05 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:

The way recommended here by the doctors I've asked *is* to remove the tick
with tweezers or fingernails (if it's big enough) by pushing and twisting,
very much like a UK bayonet light-bulb fitting.

According to a farmer friend of mine, the best way to remove a tick:

1. fill egg cup with neat brandy
2. place egg cup over tick so that tick is immersed
3. wait for tick to remove itself voluntarily ))))))))
4. doesn't take long

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.