Old 03-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Poisoned Tree remains in compost heap?

"tuin man" wrote in message ...
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...

[...]
What makes me uncomfortable -- unduly so, according to some here -- is
burying undecayed wood.

Ocassionally, the splinters of timber used to make the compost bins snaps
off, or some bits of fencing wood has found its way into the heap. Later, on
finding such things I note the do not really rot down, but boy oh boy, the
worms sure do seem to find them attractive.

A piece of wood is likely to be the last thing in the heap to dry out,
and under it's a nice cool place to hide if you're a tasty worm.

Mike.