Old 04-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Sacha

Default Fern health risk ?

On 3/6/04 20:06, in article
, "Tim Challenger"
"tim(dot)challenger("@)tele2dotat wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:54:53 +0200, martin wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:21:42 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

The way recommended here by the doctors I've asked *is* to remove the tick
with tweezers or fingernails (if it's big enough) by pushing and twisting,
very much like a UK bayonet light-bulb fitting.

You can buy a tool for removing ticks.

Yes, I've seen them, but never actually had a good look, or used one. Sort
of biro-shaped thing with a spring-loaded builtin tweezer that grips the
tick right at skin level.

Brushing e.g. Olive oil over them is supposed to smother them and achieve
the desired result.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk