Old 04-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Anyone grow this honeysuckle

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:
Was shown a lovely plant of what I believe to be Lonicera x tellmaniana
'Joan Sayer' (and was given some cuttings!) but this plant was scented, I
have grown Lonicera tellmaniana in the past and it was not scented (or easy
to grow!) but the flower colour of this was gorgeous.
Can anyone confirm whether or not 'Joan Sayers' is scented?
There is apparently a plant at the Leonardslee gardens nursery out side the
office doorway. (I forgot to take its picture!!)

As I am relying on your information for the identification of mine,
I am a fine one to respond! But I have never found L. x tellmanniana
difficult to GROW, though it is hard to take cuttings of, and is
rather fussy as to its growing conditions (mainly because of aphids).
This could be because it prefers drier conditions.

And it is definitely NOT scented.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.