Old 04-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Evan Mann

Default For Drilling Holes In Tree Stumps

The stuff I got at home depot says to drill 1" wide, 12" deep, and then make
a sideways hole at a downward angle that joins the straight down hole in the
stump. I just drilled 3 or 4 straight down holes using a 1" wood spade bit,
about 8" deep. My tree stump was something hard, so I used a corded
milwaukee 1/2" drill. I started with my 18V Bosch, but I knew that would
die quickly because of the hardness of the stump

" wrote in message
om...
The idea is to drill holes and fill with a chemical to break down the
stumps.

Would a manual bit brace do the trick, or would you use a
battery-powered hand drill. What size? Length of bit, etc.? Thanks