Old 04-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Runner Bean Support (Glass Fibre Poles)!

On 4 Jun 2004 12:01:17 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Philip wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy "glass fibre" poles which can be used
instead of the usual bamboo canes, for
supporting runner beans (wigwam style).

Do you know if this type of pole would work properly. I would imagine
that these poles would be smooth and straight and might not provide
enough grip for the beans to get started.

Unless they are VERY smooth, there won't be a problem, and even that
could be cured by rubbing them down with sandpaper.

Or just bung a few of those nylon ties around them at strategic
intervals to stop the stems from sliding down the poles.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk