Old 04-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Sue

Default 1/4 Acre; I hate to mow it!

Tim I agree wholeheartedly with what Bob has advised......

we have 2 acres, half of which was black-berry, sumac, brush, weeds ( a
mess)

when we arrived we had it bush-hogged once in fall and again in spring.
Since then we have mowed with riding mower..... its not a golf course by any
means but its mowable and bare-foot friendly.

Fill the holes and seed over in cool season, not summer.

Sue

"Tim Fierro" wrote in message
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
How much clippings are we talking about? Maybe let them
dry out, then mow again to disintegrate them? You don't
want to shade out the grass, but in general leaving the
clippings is a good thing.

Grass, field, was about 2' tall when I cut. The brush mower I used just

cut
the grass and bushes, but the clippings just drop and are not really
disintegrated. So there is this covering now of the area of the

clippings.

--

Tim Fierro *
Licensed Real Estate Agent & Private Investor