Old 04-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Ignoramus32760

Default Please evaluate my grass planting plan.

I have an area behind my chicken coop where pine trees used to grow.

The area is in partial shade (eastern part of the house)

This is agricultural zone 5 (Northrn Illinois)

We cut those trees down and removed stumps, and planted 4 fruit trees.

We want to plant grass lawn in the area. Most of the area is barren,
but there is some weed type growth on one side.

My plan is:

1. Kill weeds with ROUNDUP. Wait 2 days.

2. Rent a TILLER and TILL the area, and level it (it is uneven).

3. Sprinkle a layer of TOPSOIL

4. Spread high quality SEED

5. Sprinkle more TOPSOIL

6. WATER the area on a 3x Daily basis for 1 month

Is this sensible?