Old 04-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Charles

Default High dGH

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:44:48 +0100, "ciel"
wrote:

Hi all

Newbie here please advise.!!

Pond is about 9 months old with a 55Gal Biofilter + (UV installed this week)
Plus a newly setup Veg filter 300gals
Plus 2 waterfalls (in and out of veggie filter) for oxygenation
2000 Gals in total

Water Temp 60 degrees (Noon today)
Amonia= 0
NO3= 0
NO2= 0
PH= 8.5
dKH= 4.5
dGH= 21.....................????!!!
Salinity= 1%

15 fish all under 9" mostly Koi

Water Hyacinths are browning and curling up at edges as is Water
Lettuce.....!
Although yesterday having read various postings on web I added 1 tablespoon
Potash

This dGH reading is worrying me ..what is it telling me?
Anyone have a solution please

Many Thanks

Regards
Chris

dGH is water hardness, and I don't think it is the problem. Mine is
about 55 (varies during the year) and my hyacinths do well enough that
I supply a local water garden store.

your pH is a bit high, but I would think it not enough to be a
problem.

The koi aren't eating off the roots, are they?

--

- Charles
-