Old 04-06-2004, 05:07 PM
ciel

Default High dGH

Hi

Thanks for the reply...

I have no fish in the filter with the plants and can see no evidence of
aphids or the like....
I am hoping the potash will work over the next few days

Can't seem to find any info on reducing hardness or whether it would help
anyway.
dGH seems to be the only reading that is well above recommendations etc...

I forgot to mention that another plant affected is Llobelia Cardinalis.which
is wilting.......
I have Watercress Water Hawthorn and Iris's all doing fine tho.......

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards
Chris

"Charles" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:44:48 +0100, "ciel"
wrote:

Hi all

Newbie here please advise.!!

Pond is about 9 months old with a 55Gal Biofilter + (UV installed this

week)
Plus a newly setup Veg filter 300gals
Plus 2 waterfalls (in and out of veggie filter) for oxygenation
2000 Gals in total

Water Temp 60 degrees (Noon today)
Amonia= 0
NO3= 0
NO2= 0
PH= 8.5
dKH= 4.5
dGH= 21.....................????!!!
Salinity= 1%

15 fish all under 9" mostly Koi

Water Hyacinths are browning and curling up at edges as is Water
Lettuce.....!
Although yesterday having read various postings on web I added 1

tablespoon
Potash

This dGH reading is worrying me ..what is it telling me?
Anyone have a solution please

Many Thanks

Regards
Chris

dGH is water hardness, and I don't think it is the problem. Mine is
about 55 (varies during the year) and my hyacinths do well enough that
I supply a local water garden store.

your pH is a bit high, but I would think it not enough to be a
problem.

The koi aren't eating off the roots, are they?

--

- Charles
-