Old 04-06-2004, 07:04 PM
paghat

Default Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article , Ermalina
wrote:

Bill Oliver wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH ....

Ignore the freaking ideologue.

Oh, excuse me! That's "Dr. Freaking Ideologue." Hmmm .... gotta be an
aging "M.D." ;-)

Actually he cuts up dead bodies to pay the rent, has never conveyed much
knowledge of the living. If he seems a little crazy at times, just THINK
about a career spent carving up the dead for crine out loud. The "doctors"
who didn't follow that career path on purpose for reasons of necrophilia,
but were stuck with it because of their general incompetence at health
care for the still-breathing, have just GOT to lose their minds
eventually.

-paghat the ratgirl

For those who are interested in a SCIENTIFIC review of the state of
prion SCIENCE and its attendant issues in the U.S., here's a link to the
most recent Institute of Medicine (part of the Nat'l Academies of
Science) report, "Advancing Prion Science: Guidance for the National
Prion Research Program (2004)"

http://www.nap.edu/books/0309090601/html/

Here's a direct link to Chapter 5, "Testing Blood for Evidence of Agents
of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies" (pp 108 - 124)

http://books.nap.edu/books/030909060...8.html#pagetop

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"