Old 04-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Japanese onions

"shazzbat" wrote in message

Talking to an friend recently and he is also having your problem as am

I,
so
this excessive bolting of onions seems to be a thing this year. I wonder
why?

I'm told it's because a few weeks ago the weather changed from very wet to
very warm very suddenly. Fussy buggers, onions. I'm also told that the

best
thing is to have them up, dry them off and either start using now, or
freeze, as they won't keep. All mine are doing the same, whites, reds, and
shallots. :-((

With me it's the Autumn planted that are the worse, the spring planted
ordinary ones have a few that have bolted and the reds also have some but
our shallots are OK so far (mainly Jermor) than goodness.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....