Old 04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Charles

Default High dGH

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:52:00 +0100, "ciel"
wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply...

I have no fish in the filter with the plants and can see no evidence of
aphids or the like....
I am hoping the potash will work over the next few days

Can't seem to find any info on reducing hardness or whether it would help
anyway.
dGH seems to be the only reading that is well above recommendations etc...

I forgot to mention that another plant affected is Llobelia Cardinalis.which
is wilting.......
I have Watercress Water Hawthorn and Iris's all doing fine tho.......

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards
Chris

\

Try some of the hyacinths in a separate container, no other plants.

There is a thing called allopathy, some plants harm or kill other
plants with their secretions. I've never heard of water hyacinth
being hurt, but it's worth a try if you have the space.

I've never been able to keep Lobelia, Water Hawthorne dies every year
and water cress tried to take over the whole place.
--

- Charles
-